There is a good chance that I have the ingredients for this quick spread on hand at all times, for it is a go-to dish for impromptu guests, or when I just don’t have it in me to make dinner. Don’t skimp on the olive oil, for it is what gives the dip its luxurious texture. It addition, olive oil provides a nice herbal, grassy flavor, so drizzle with abandon.
I like to serve this savory snack with these freshly baked rosemary, orange breadsticks, but store-bought grissini, pita chips or other dippers work just nicely.
- 1 9-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- 2-3 tablespoons good olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Breadsticks, to serve
- Place artichoke hearts, beans, cheese and rosemary in a food processor and pulse until combined. With the machine running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil and continue to process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and transfer the mixture to a serving bowl, drizzle with olive oil and serve.